Looking for Windows 10 Product keys so that you can activate the Windows 10? Here in this article, you will find out generic keys as well as a tutorial on how to add or change the product keys to activate Windows 10.
Windows 10, the latest version of Windows by Microsoft which comes with lots of cool features and improvement fix. No matter where you want to install Windows 10 preview build, whether you’re testing in a virtual machine like VirtualBox or on a spare PC. You definitely want to activate it whenever you clean install Windows 10 with generic product key available from the Microsoft, which will allow you to install the OS, not allow you to activate it.
If you have any bootable media which have Windows 10 setup files or an ISO image, then you can use or install these generic keys on different editions of Windows 10
So without further delay, why don’t you have a look at a set of generic keys shared by Winaero which you can use to install any edition of Windows 10 (final) RTM Build 10240. Check out all of them edition wisely:
Generic Windows 10 Product Keys to Use RTM Build 10240
Windows 10 Home Product Key:
Windows 10 Pro Product Key:
Windows 10 Home Single Language Product Key:
Windows 10 Enterprise Product Key:
Why don’t you pick the one generic key for the edition which you want to install and activate using the key mentioned above?
Note: Using these keys you can activate Windows 10 RTM build, but for the short period of time. Also, keep one thing in mind that you won’t be able to fully activate till you get a genuine key purchased from Microsoft. These keys are shared by Microsoft just for testing purpose.
After checking Windows 10, if you find it to be awesome and want to purchase the genuine product key from Microsoft. You need to change the product key to use the one you purchased. In upcoming lines, you will read the tutorial on how to change generic keys and add full retail Windows 10 key.
Steps to Change Windows 10 Product Key and Activate Windows 10 (Settings App)
1. First of all, you need to open “Settings” app in Windows 10. For that, you need to click on Start Menu.
2. Under Settings, you will see “Update and Security“. Click to open it.
3. On the left pane, you will see “Activation” click on it and on the right side you will see “Activation Status“. If Windows is activated you’ll see Windows is Activated.
4. Under Activation Status, you will also find an option to “Change the Product Key“. You need to click on it.
Click Yes, if you see UAC dialog box.
5. After that window will appear asking you to add the Windows 10 product key. Once you entered the key, you will see the option to confirm it and your Windows 10 will be activated.
Steps to Change Windows 10 Product Key and Activate Windows 10 (Command Prompt)
1. First of all, you need to open Command Prompt with administrator rights.
2. After that type the following command to install a new product key and press Enter.
slmgr.vbs -ipk 11111-11111-11111-11111-11111
In above command, you need to replace “11111-11111-11111-11111-11111” with your product keys.
3. Now to active Windows 10 after changing the key you need to run the following command:
After typing this command, you need to wait for few seconds and after that check your System properties and it should say Windows 10 is activated.
Note: You can try this trick in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.