There might be users who want to know some of the best, quickest and easiest ways to clear cache in Google Chrome and if you’re one out of them and reading this journal, than means you’re definitely looking for something related.
The role of the browser is to connect to a website server, download all the required internet files and display them to users. For this, every browser maintains a temporary internet files folder called browser cache. It stores different type of caches including, web pages, CSS, images, audio, videos and other content related to the website. Now whenever users visit the same sites again, these cache files help in the faster display of the web pages.
In most of the cases, it’s also the main reason behind slowing down the performance of your computer. Why don’t you check out bad things about browser cache:
- Cache is basically a folder which is stored inside your PC with huge collection of cache files which may run out your system disk space and slow down the performance of your computer.
- Maybe your browser shows up older web page content and ignores the fresh content updated recently. Due to this you may find the content on the site which you definitely not looking for.
- Chances are very high that the information stored in browser cache is corrupt or incomplete.
- Sometimes while clearing browser cache, you may lose some worthy data which you actually don’t want to clear. For example username and password for the websites like Facebook, YouTube and more.
These are some reason why users actually want to clear browser cache. No doubt cache is your friend, but clearing cache won’t help computer perform much faster, it also won’t hurt. If you love to have new PC smell, then you can clear cache to have the feel that your system is clutter free.
Clearing cache in different browsers is very similar process and in this article I’m going to share with you different ways to clear cache in Google Chrome.
Steps to Clear Cache in Google Chrome [Method One]
1. Launch Chrome browser and click on the “menu icon” at the top right side beside the address bar.
2. In the menu look for “More tools” option and then click on “Clear browsing data“. In case you prefer keyboard shortcuts, you can also use “Ctrl + Shift + Delete” combination to skip both steps.
3. In the screen pop up will appear with different browsing options. Here you can tick any browsing data option that you want to delete.
4. As this article is about clearing cache, you need to check option reading “Empty the cache” and uncheck all others. To completely clear the browser cache, you must select “the beginning of time” using Drop-down. Click on “Clear browsing data” and you’re done.
Useful Tip: You can quickly navigate to data clearance page just by using this URL chrome://chrome/settings/clearBrowserData. You can also use chrome://chrome/history/ and click on “Clear all browsing data” button.
Steps to Clear Cache in Google Chrome using Chrome Extension [Method Two]
You can also clear your cache and browsing data with a single click of a button just using chrome extension called Clear Cache
With the help of this extension, you can quickly clear your cache with this extension without any confirmation dialogs, pop-ups or other annoyances. You can customize what and how much of your data you want to clear on the options page
To clear cache using on your chrome browser you need to:
1. First of all you need to visit clear cache extension page and install it in your browser.
2. Once Clear Cache extension is installed you will see a page where you can customize what and how much of your data you want to clear on the options page. Simply check all the options which you want to clear.
Note: Make sure to check “Automatically reload active tab after clearing data” under Reload option. Now whenever you clear cache you page will reload automatically.
3. Now whenever you want to clear cache you just need to use the extension button next to the address bar. You can also assign keyboard shortcut to make the process little easier.
Steps to Clear Cache in Google Chrome using CCleaner [Method Third]
You can also use one of the most popular and freeware optimizing and cleaner tool called CCleaner to clear cache in Google Chrome browser. This tool provides you lots of options to get rid of browser cache quickly and easily.
Here is how to do it:
1. First of all you need to download CCleaner and install it on your PC.
2. After that launch, the application and you will see two different tabs named as “Windows” and “Application” on the top left side of the application.
3. You need to click on “Application” tab and you will get the list of all the application installed on your system who store cache. You just need to look for Google Chrome.
4. Under Google Chrome, you will see different cache option “Check” the one you want to clear and click on “Run Cleaner” option on the bottom right side of the screen.
Note: While clearing cache application will ask you to close the Chrome browser. You need to close the browser at that time.
It will hardly take few seconds and all the cache will be cleared from Chrome browser. Once done it will show you the message “Cleaning Done” with all the details about what is cleared from the browser.
Check out: Best Cache Cleaner Apps for Android Phone
So these are three different ways which you can use to clear cache in Google Chrome browser. Why don’t you try all of these and let me know one you liked the most. You can also suggest me your favorite way to clear browser cache in Chrome browser.