If you’re the proud own of any Samsung Galaxy S4 device and rooted it using Motochopper or any other method, and due to some reason you would like to unroot it to reclaim the warranty of your device, then this article is dedicated to you.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is one of the most popular Android phones which comes with lots of cool features. It has 5 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touch-screen with 13 PM camera powered by 1.6GHz processor with 2GB of RAM.
It’s amazing features makes the life simpler, richer and provide you more fun. To take most out of it, lots of users rooted this device. But after rooting this device majority of also decided to unroot the device so that they can reclaim the warranty of the device which they lose after rooting the Galaxy S4.
Like rooting, unrooting process for any device is very easy you just need to flash the official firmware and reset the flash counter to 0 and you’re done. But for some users, this process may be like nightmare.
For these users, make the unrooting process easier, I decided to share a step by step guide that will guide you how to unroot and restore back to official stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 and GT-9500.
Before you start reading the steps, I would like to give all the credit to XDA Senior Member Samresh72 for sharing this unrooting guide for Samsung Galaxy S4
So without wasting any time, why don’t you start checking the tutorial:
Disclaimer : ”You’re unrooting your Samsung Galaxy S4 using this guide at your own risk, if something goes wrong What’s With Tech? will not held resposible for anything happen to your device.
2. After that reboot your device into “Download Mode“. For that, you need to press and hold the Home button + Volume Down keys together for a few seconds followed by Power button.
3. Now launch ODIN and connect your device to PC using the original data cable.
4. Once the device is connected to PC, the “ID:COM box” on ODIN windows will turn into blue and it will show you the COM port number.
5. After that, you need to “Unzip” the downloaded firmware file which is already in the last of the article. In extracted file, you will see a Home.tar file.
6. Now you will get a tar file. You just need to click on PDA in Odin (if Odin 3.09 choose AP) and choose the file “.tar”
7. After that, you need to check “F.Reset Time” and “Auto Reboot“. Also, make sure that “Re-Partition” option is unchecked in ODIN window.
8. At last you need to click on the “Start” button in the ODIN windows and will start the flashing process. It will take few minutes to complete the flashing process.
9. Once the flashing process is completed you will see a “Reset” message and then “Pass”. After this, your phone will automatically reboot. As it’s a first boot it can take more time than normal, so don’t get panic.
Note: Try not to unplug the USB cable while the flashing process is going on, your this little mistake can brick your phone.
Recommendation by Developer: Once you have flashed the official firmware on your device, you must try to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S4.
In upcoming lines, you will find the link to download official firmware files for any variant of Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500 and GT-I9505). So choose the one for your device and continue the process.
List of Official Firmware files for Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500 & I9505)