Lots of new users trying out Windows 10 for the first time, some new question will definitely strike in their mind. For example, how to uninstall apps in Windows 10. Actually, there are different ways to do it. Keep reading my tutorial to know all the different ways.
Windows 10 is the newest desktop operating system by Microsoft which is released by company with lots of new features, apps, and eye-catching user interface in comparison to previous version of Windows i.e. Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Software giant added the new start menu, new edge browser, Cortana integration, and options to quickly uninstall apps in Windows 10.
For those looking for one of the best, easiest and quickest ways to uninstall program in Windows 10. Here is a quick guide to accomplish the same.
Basically, there are three different methods to uninstall Windows 10 Apps which are as follow
- Uninstall apps using Start Menu
- Uninstall apps using Setting App
- Uninstall apps using Control Panel (Traditional Way)
- Using Command Prompt
In upcoming lines, you’re going to read about all the possible ways to uninstall apps in Windows 10 step by step. So that you can choose the one which is simple, quick and easy. Let start with first method i.e.
Check out: How to Uninstall Default Apps in Windows 10
Uninstall Apps using Start Menu in Windows 10
1 . You just need to click on Start button.
2. At the bottom of the screen, you will see “All Apps” option. Simply Click on it.
3. Now you will get a list of all the apps installed on your computer. Head over to the application you want to uninstall and make a right click on it.
4. In the context menu, you need to click on Uninstall and this will uninstall the particular application from your computer.
Uninstall Apps using Windows 10 Setting App
1. For that, you need to Click on Start button
2. After that, you need to click on System option.
3. Under System, on the left pane, you will find a list of features. You just need to click on Installed apps.
4. In this window, you will get a list of all the apps installed on your computer including the default apps. Just click on the application you want to uninstall and you will get an option to uninstall. Click on it and you’re done
Uninstall Apps using Control Panel in Windows 10
1. First of all, you need to Open Control Panel using Search bar available at the left bottom side of the screen.
2. After that click uninstall a program” option which is available under Adjust your computer’s setting options just like shown in the following image.
3. Now you will get a list of all the software’s or apps you’ve installed on your computer. Select the program you want to uninstall and click on uninstall and confirm to complete the process.
Remove Software using Command Prompt in Windows 10
1. Launch command prompt using search bar available at the left bottom side of the screen.
2. Make sure to open the command prompt with Admin rights for that you need to right-click click on it and select Run as Administrator.
3. Now you need to type command “wmic” (without quote)
4. After that, you need to type product get name (without quote)and hit enter. You will get a list of all the software installed on your Windows.
5. Now to uninstall the installed application you need to type “product where name=”name of program” call uninstall” (without quote) and hit enter.
For Example, if your software name is “ESET Nod 32 Antivirus” then you need to type command like product where name=”ESET Nod 32 Antivirus” call uninstall
6. If everything goes right you will notice a message i.e. (To be prompted Y/N to approve. Recommended)
7. You need to Y to confirm uninstalling the program, and press Enter.
8. Once the software is successfully uninstalled, you can close the command prompt.
So these are some of the best possible ways to uninstall apps in Windows 10. Why don’t you try out these different ways and let me know which one you find easy. Don’t forget to share your opinion in the comments.