Looking for a way to play YouTube videos in the background on iPhone or iPad (iOS Devices)? Actually, it is possible and in today’s article, you will workaround on how to do that.
YouTube is one of the most popular videos streaming services with around four billion views a day. Even, if the video you’re looking for is not available on the YouTube, then chances are very less that you will find it somewhere else.
YouTube application is also available for iOS device (iPhone and iPad) but there is one problem with the app. When you try to check another screen on your device or open the another app, the application automatically pauses the music. In simple terms, the official YouTube app doesn’t allow you to play or listen YouTube videos in the background.
But there is a workaround using which you can make that thing happen. Here is what you need to do:
Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone or iPad
1. Instead of launching the YouTube application on your device. Launch the Safari browser your iPhone or iPad.
Note: In case, you’re using Google Chrome on your iPhone or iPad, then you can also launch the Chrome browser for using the trick.
2. After that visit the YouTube official website by typing the following address in the address bar of the browser www.youtube.com
3. Now search the video you want to listen to listen in the background on your iOS device.
4. Once you got the video, tap to play it and then pause the video yourself.
5. Now tap the home button on your iOS device to reach your device home screen.
6. Swipe up from down to bring the Control Center and resume your video
You can also play your favorite YouTube playlist for continuous music streaming.
If you’re ready to pay to get this functionality, then you can purchase YouTube Red subscription, which costs around $9.99 a month. This subscription provides you a feature named as “Background Play” that let you play your YouTube videos in the background.
Why don’t you give a try to this trick and let us know if you find it useful or not?