Most of Windows 10 really don’t like the default Windows 10 login screen background image. By default, it uses Windows 10 Hero wallpaper as a background image in login screen which shows the blue screen of light emerging from the Windows 10 logo.
With default settings, there is no way to change Windows 10 login screen background image, but you can disable it and show solid colors just like in Windows 8. There are three ways to do that, you can check the methods in following lines:
You may love to check article related to Windows 10 personalizations:
If you’re running Windows 10 version 14291 or above. You can also change login screen background image in Windows 10
Disable Windows 10 Login Screen background image using Setting App
1. Launch the Settings app.
2. After that click on Personalization
3. On the left pane, click on the Lock screen and turn off Show Windows background picture on the sign-in screen option moving the toggle.
In case you’re running the older build of Windows 10, chances are you may not find this option under lock screen settings. In this condition, you can follow registry hack in upcoming lines:
Disable Windows 10 Login Screen background image using Registry Hack
1. You need to open Registry Editor. For that type Regedit in the Start search box. Once Regedit option appears in the search result, click to run the command.
In the User Account Control (UAC) dialog, you need to click Yes, when prompt to ask.
2. Now you need to navigate to the following keys under:
Note: In case you didn’t find any registry create one yourself.
3. Here you need to create a DWORD value named DisableLogonBackgroundImage with the value of 1. Just like shown in the image.
4. Once done you need to reboot your PC for changes to take effect.
5. In case you want to enable the Windows 10 Login background image. Simply set its value to 0 or delete it.
Disable Windows 10 Login Screen background image using a Winaero Tweaker
One of the easiest ways to disable login screen background in Windows 10, then you can use a freeware software called Winaero Tweaker.
1. You just need to launch the software.
2. Go to Boot and Logon and select Login Screen Image option. On the right pane, check the Disable Login Screen Background Image.
3. Restart your computer.
Note: If you want default login screen background image back, uncheck the above option in the software.
Once you’re done with all the steps mentioned above, you can check the changes by pressing WIN + L keys.
Windows 10 Logon Screen before applying registry hack
Windows 10 Logon Screen after applying the registry hack
So these are three possible ways that you can use to get rid of default Windows 10 login screen background. Why don’t you try them out and let me know in the comments if you need any assistance