Lots of people are asking me to share this guide on how to deactivate a WhatsApp account temporarily without deleting it or turning off the mobile data. I find this really interesting, so I decided to dedicate this article to all the WhatsApp users.
Officially there is no option available in the Whatsapp settings to temporarily deactivate my WhatsApp account, like Facebook or other services providers, and this is really a big drawback of WhatsApp. In this article, I’ll look at a few solutions that others have presented:
- Backup your WhatsApp data and uninstall it or install it whenever required
- Turn off your mobile data or take your device out of Wi-Fi connection
- Turn WhatsApp off entirely (such a waste!)
- Disable it through App Manager
To tell the truth, none of these solutions works well for WhatsApp users, and in all cases the user feels very limited. In this article, I will present the perfect solution, which doesn’t ask you to uninstall anything, turn off your mobile data, or deactivate WhatsApp to turn it off temporarily. Do you want to know how? Read on!
Steps to Deactivate WhatsApp Account in Rooted Devices
1. First of all, download and install DroidWall from Google Play Store.
2. Once you install and open the application, you will notice a screen with the option “Mode: White List (Allowed and Mode: Black List (Block Selected)” You can tap on this to switch between modes.
3. By default, the app is set to white list mode, and under this you will see the list of all the applications which are installed on your device. Each application has two checkmark boxes to the left of each app, labeled under the Data or Wi-Fi icon.
4. You need to switch off Blacklist mode and scroll down to find WhatsApp and check both boxes available on the left side of WhatsApp icon.
5. Once you have done this, you need to enable the firewall. For that, you need to tap on the menu button, and then tap on “Firewall Disabled” button. By doing this, you will tell the application to apply the firewall rules, and the button will change to “Firewall Enabled“
By doing this, all applications which you have blocked using the above step will stop working until you allow the app through the firewall or disable the firewall. So if you’re running low on data and left with very low battery available on your device, this is one of the best solutions to deal with this situation.
Steps to Deactivate WhatsApp Account in Non-Rooted Device
1. First of all, you need to download and install NoRoot Firewall from Google Play Store.
2. Once the application is installed on your device, tap on the app’s icon on the home screen to launch the application. Tap on the Start option to start the VPN.
3. Next, start scrolling from right to left and tap on the app category.
4. Under Apps, you’ll see a list of all the applications installed on your device with 2 checkmark box on the left side of each app, under the data or Wi-Fi icon.
5. Scroll down to find WhatsApp and double tap on both check boxes (an X should appear in each box).
If you haven’t rooted your Android phone and you want to install a firewall on your device, this is one of the best solution available at the moment. NoRoot Firewall provides you with complete protection to your Android device. NoRoot Firewall is a Droid wall alternative app for users with non-rooted devices.
Steps to Deactivate WhatsApp Account in iOS Device (iPhone and iPad)
The good thing about iOS devices is that you don’t need any application to deactivate your WhatsApp account. You just need to make few changes in the Settings and you’re done. Here are the steps which you need to follow:
1. Tap on Settings.
2. Under Settings, scroll down until you find the WhatsApp application in the list of installed apps and tap on it.
3. From the list of the options, disable Mobile Data and you’re done.
From now on, you not get notifications from other users until you enable the Mobile Data option in Settings again. But there is one limitation, you will get notifications when your device is connected on a Wi-Fi network.
Note: You can use both of the firewall applications in this article to disable any application installed on your Android phone – not just WhatsApp!
Why don’t you give this tutorial on how to deactivate your Whatsapp account without deleting it or turning off your data a try and let me know how it worked for you.