Lots of people asking me to share the guide on how to deactivate WhatsApp my account temporarily without deleting it or turning off the mobile data. I find this too interesting so I decided to dedicate this article to all the WhatsApp users.
Officially there is no options available in Whatsapp settings to temporarily deactivate my WhatsApp account just like Facebook or other services providers and this is really a big drawback of WhatsApp. And some common solution you will get over here for this problem is:
- Backup your WhatsApp data and uninstall it or install it whenever required
- Turn off your mobile data or take your device out of Wi-Fi connection
- Turn it off (Such a waste)
- Disable it through App Manager
If I tell the truth, none of these mentioned solutions really worked for WhatsApp users, as in all cases user feel very limited. But this doesn’t mean you can’t do this. In this article, I will come up with the perfect solution using which you don’t have to uninstall, turn off mobile data, and deactivate WhatsApp to turn it off temporarily. Do you want to know how? Let’s think a little deeper to this.
Steps to Deactivate WhatsApp Account in Rooted Devices
1. First of all download and install DroidWall from Google Play Store.
2. Once you install tap and open the application and you will notice a screen with option i.e. “Mode: White List (Allowed and Mode: Black List (Block Selected)” You can tap on this to switch between modes.
3. By default, it’s on white list mode under this you will see the list of all the applications which are installed on your device with two checkmark box available at the left side of each app labeled under 3G or Wi-Fi icon.
4. You need to switch off Blacklist mode and scroll down to find WhatsApp and check both boxes available on the left side of WhatsApp icon.
5. Once you done with this, you need to enable the firewall. For that, you need to tap on the menu button, and then tap on “Firewall Disabled” button. By doing this, you will tell the application to apply the firewall rules, and the button will change to “Firewall Enabled“
By doing this, all application which you have blocked using above step will stop working until you allow the app in the firewall or disable the firewall. So if you’re running low on the data plan and left with very low battery available on your device, this is one of the best solutions to deal with this situation.
Note: Also keep in mind, if you want to uninstall the firewall installed on your device try to disable the firewall. Otherwise, you have to reboot your device to turn it off.
Steps to Deactivate WhatsApp Account in Non- Rooted Device
1. First of all, you need to download and install NoRoot Firewall from Google Play Store.
2. Once the application is installed on your device. You need to tap on the app icon lying on the home screen to launch the application. Just tap on Start option to start VPN.
3. After you just need to start scrolling from right to left side and tap on the app category.
4. Under this, you will notice, a list of all the application which are installed on your device with 2 checkmark box available at the left side of each labeled under 3G or Wi-Fi icon.
5. Scroll down to find WhatsApp and double tap on both check boxes available on the left side of WhatsApp icon to get cross on it.
If you don’t have rooted your Android phone and you want to install the firewall on your device, then this is one of the best solution available at the moment. NoRoot Firewall provides you a complete protection to your Android device. NoRoot Firewall is Droid wall alternative app for the users having non-rooted device.
Steps to Deactivate WhatsApp Account in iOS Device (iPhone and iPad)
The good thing about iOS device is that you don’t need any application to deactivate your WhatsApp account. You just need to make few changes in the Settings and you’re done. Here are the steps which you need to follow:
1. You just need to tap on Settings.
2. Under Settings, Scroll down until you find WhatsApp application in the list of installed apps and tap on it.
3. Now from the list of the options disable Mobile Data and you’re done.
From now onward, you will get no notification from any other users until you enable Mobile Data option in Settings. But there is one limitation, this setting will not work when your device is connected on Wi-Fi network.
Note: Not only for WhatsApp but you can use both of the application on any other application which is installed on your Android phone and you want to temporarily disable it.
Why don’t you give a try to this tutorial on how to deactivate Whatsapp account without deleting it or temporarily without turning off your data and let me know whether this tutorial was helpful to you or not. You can also share something that is coining in ur mind after reading my article and share it with me in the comments section.