When you get a new PC or upgrade to the new operating system for example Windows 10. You may want to customize your computer. To do so, most of the users change their desktop wallpaper or background, as a new wallpaper give a fresh look to the desktop screen and it feels more like home.
No doubt Windows 10 official Hero Wallpaper is one of the best wallpaper software giant introduced in all the version of Windows and user really appreciate the people behind the work. But not all the user want to keep the same desktop wallpaper for a long time and want to change it with the picture of their choice.
You may love to check article related to Windows 10 personalizations:
In Windows 10, Microsoft completely changed the way you access features in the previous version of Windows. You will find new Setting apps which completely destroyed the control panel. Also, Microsoft has partially dropped the classic Personalization windows. Now what’s new is, whenever you make a right-click on the desktop and click Personalize option, it opens Personalization section of Setting app.
In case you want to change the default desktop wallpaper by changing the desktop background or setting up a desktop slideshow in Windows 10. You can check out different method with instructions in upcoming lines.
Few tips to keep in mind before following the methods
1. Before you change the desktop wallpaper in Windows 10, make sure to resize the image or picture to the current resolution with the help of image editing tools like Paint.net or native Paint application. In case you want to know the current screen resolution, then you can check my tutorial on how to change the screen resolution in Windows 10.
2. By default Windows, 10 comes with settings which sync your current desktop wallpaper or background across all your computers running Windows 10 if you’re using same Microsoft account in all of them. In case you don’t want to see the same desktop wallpaper on all the PCs, then you can turn off this feature under Settings apps.
In this article, you’re going to read about all the best possible ways using which you can change desktop wallpaper or desktop background.
Change Windows 10 Desktop Background using Personalization Option (Method 1)
1. You need to right-click on the desktop to get the Context menu and click on the last option in the menu i.e Personalize and it will open Personalization section of Setting app.
2. Here in this window, you can see preview current desktop wallpaper. To change the wallpaper, select Picture option under Background drop-down menu.
3. Now you need to click on Browse option which is visible under Choose your picture section and it will take you to the Windows library. You just need to choose the picture which you want to set as your desktop wallpaper.
Once done you will be able to see the preview of the Wallpaper in the Desktop.
Change Windows 10 Desktop Background directly using Picture (Method 2)
1. Open the File Explorer (Windows Explorer) and head over to the folder containing the picture that you want to set as your desktop wallpaper.
2. Now you need to make right-click on the picture and on the Context menu click on Set as desktop background
Set up Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow (Method 3)
1. If you want to set desktop background slideshow, then you need to Right-click on Desktop and choose Personalize option to launch Personalization settings.
2. On the right side of the screen, you will see Background drop-down menu. Here you need to select Slideshow and click Browse button to choose a folder containing the picture which you want to set a desktop background slideshow.
3. In case you want to change the time interval of slideshow you can also do that. For that, you need to navigate to Change picture every option and from the drop-down menu, select the time interval you want.
Change Windows 10 Desktop Background from web browser (Method 4)
You can also change the desktop background or desktop wallpaper straight from the web browser. But this method only works with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. This method didn’t work using Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
1. First of all, you need to visit the web page that showing the picture or wallpaper that you want to set as Windows 10 desktop background.
2. Just right-click on the picture and then click on Set as desktop background and you will see the preview of wallpaper which is visible on Windows 10 desktop.
So these four possible ways to set or change windows 10 desktop or background. Why don’t you try these methods and let me know which one you prefer the most